Saturday, May 30, 2009

When the Rain Comes

I have not been able to figure out how to use the apostrophe on a Czech computer. Because of this, I am going to attempt a blog post with not contractions! Yippee!

Our group arrived in Prague yesterday afternoon and made the nearly half mile walk to the hotel from the bus just as the rain started to pour. Typical for central Europe (and for Seattle, really), the weather this time of year is unpredictable. In the lovingly rebuilt baroque city of Dresden, where we spent one night before our trip to Prague, the weather changed from rainy to sunny to rainy to sunny all in the course of about six hours. And I do not mean light rain. When it rained, it truly poured.

Prague is lovely, however, in any weather (although I am sure the group would say they prefer the sun, and, well, I cannot say I do not agree). But the stained glass in St Vitus Cathedral is still breathtaking, the Charles bridge still feels like a walk into fairyland, and, of course, the crystal shops will never, ever disappear. And if I am not mistaken, I think I notice a little more sunlight creeping across the leaves of the trees outside this shop window. Now might be the perfect time to explore more of the Prague Castle. I can write more later, but I cannot let a possible sun break go to waste!

No comments: