- Enjoying a taste of Italy in lovely Nafplio, with real gelato and a Venetian style old town
- Hiking to the far reaches of the Palamidi fortress in Nafplio
- Enjoying a group meal at a real, non-touristy local taverna in Nafplio, complete with live music and folk dancing - all in some very close quarters (this was about the most fun I had while on this trip)
- Being amazed by the great ruins of the Myceneans, getting up close with architecture that is more than 3000 years old
- Listening to groups singing and reciting from ancient Greek plays in the theatre at Epidavros
- Our group dog, Winnie, who met us when we arrived on Hydra, and was never far away - she even came out to the ferry with us the day we left, and stayed until we boarded the hydrofoil. Michael wanted to adopt her and bring her home to live with us and Lucy (seriously, he was actually considering this)
Greece has been fantastic, and I am convinced that trip to northern Greece is in order for the future - there's so much that we didn't have time to see in three weeks! But for now I'm happy to be heading home, because the cement hard beds of this country can't compare to my own sweet bed at home. And while we'll all miss Winnie, I can't wait to see my own dear dog, Lucy.