Friday, March 6, 2009

When Crabby Is A Good Thing

Lately I have been very lax about posting on this blog - my apologies! And while I rarely write about anything other than the most recent events (blogging just feels fresher when you're writing about what's currently on your mind, rather than something that happened a week ago even if that something was ostensibly more exciting), I would like to take the opportunity to share some photos from the lovely lunch I had with Leslie at Joule a couple of weeks ago. We all need a little Dungeness crab in our lives! Unless, of course, you have a shellfish allergy or, like Michael, have an inexplicable aversion to the crustacean. But the rest of us know where it's at - and Dungeness crab has got it going on!

The meal started with a refreshing mizuna and fennel salad...

And was followed by braised chard with bacon (so cute!)...

Alongside tender ravioli filled with creamed Jerusalem artichoke...

And the piece de resistance, whole fried Dungeness crab! It took Leslie two hours to eat her half of the crab, but I think she would agree that it was worth every finger-licking bite. So very, very worth it.

No comments: